Preventing Dental Problems Before They Even Start
Your child needs to have a healthy mouth in order to have a healthy body. That is why it is important for your child to get regular teeth cleanings and exams. A local pediatric dentist can help your child do the following.
- Prevent gum disease, tooth decay and infection
- Avoid costly dental procedures down the road
- Keep the teeth white by reducing stains
- Reduce the amount of time that one needs to spend in the dentist office
- Maintain a beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime
What Happens During the Exam?
A local pediatric dentist will thoroughly exam your child’s teeth. They will look for gum disease, cavities and other problems. They can also take x-rays, which will reveal what is happening below the surface of the gums and teeth. The x-ray can show things that the naked eye may not be able to see.
A dentist for children or dental hygienist will perform a professional cleaning. They can use different instruments to remove the plaque and tartar. They will also floss the teeth and apply a fluoride treatment. A dental cleaning should not be painful.
If you are looking for a dentist for children, then you can contact us to make an appointment.